SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
connieinnd

Another wedding story

nodakgal
15 years ago

But so different than Enjoying Springs story.

My Nephew got married last night.They were going to get married last fall and then things happened. She is now expecting a baby in December.

What a simple and fabulously beautiful wedding! All pulled together in a months time.

Married at her family's lake cabin a few miles away. The dock was decorated with white tulle and silk flowers and a archway decorated with the same, yard and picnic tables decorated simply with table covering and table tops sprinkled with blue and silver glass gems, Hershey's kisses and a couple vases with assorted flowers or greenery.

The flowergirl, bride and her step-father left the cabin and walked down the dock to meet the groom and minister. It was so simple and beautiful and heartfelt!!

When it came time for the rings, I knew that groom was going to pull something and sure enough! *PLOP* was heard with something falling into the water as he reached into his tux to pull out her ring!!!!!!!! OMG! He is looking down to the water, then looks up at his bride and grins! It wasn't her ring of course!

They were announced as Mr and Mrs Jim and Susie Smith"(not real names)they get to the end of the dock and into the sand and the grooms father says loudly "Mrs Smith!!!! Where's your shoes??!" The bride and flowergirl were barefoot!!!!! LOL

I LOVED it! It was simply the best wedding I have been to EVER I think! They couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day weatherwise! NO wind (unusal in ND)warm and sunny!

Oh and Yep, we had food too. The wedding was 7pm. Full supper or what I would call it supper. But casual, BBQ's on a bun, two potato salads, two pasta salads, watermelon fruit salad, spinach/bacon rollups, cake,punch and coffee.

Comments (18)