SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shopperpicky

Can't wait for G20 to be over!

amicus
13 years ago

My 2 sons both live and work in downtown Toronto. One lives in an apartment above a store where the Black Bloc thugs rioted, looted and torched two police cars. I was on the phone with both sons constantly yesterday and last night, as they were virtually trapped in their neighbourhoods due to a stoppage of all public transit. DH could not go get them as the police had barricaded the perimeters of the worst areas to keep further violent offenders from entering.

The good news was, both sons reported that the police were extremely professional and courteous and allowed all peaceful protesters to march in demonstration to their cause. They said that it was very clear the police were only interested in the thugs who were destroying property and threatening the public safety.

So far things seem to be a little less volitile today, perhaps because it has been made known that extra factions of every nearby police force has been brought in to aid in maintaining control. I just wish they could hold these G20 summits in remote areas! You'd think it would be cheaper to fly all the heads of state to the designated area, than to spend all the billions on security and policing that is necessary in highly populated cities.

Comments (10)