SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mudlady_gw

I can't wait--chicken pie!

15 years ago

Well, the recipe calls for chicken but I have left over turkey breast so that's what I used. I have never tried making a pot pie before, and now I know why they are so high in calories. I followed (pretty much) a reicpe for chicken pot pie with a single crust. I have avoided making my own pot pies because I am terribly choosy about gravies and I was afraid to make a roux. I faced the roux challenge on Thanksgiving when I made broccoli soup so I had the courage to finally make a home made pot pie. I tasted the gravy and if was great--a little sweet and I'm not certain why, except for the sauteed onions and carrots which are a little sweet. Anyway, I can't wait to sample my newest achievement. Too bad it is so rich because my two close friends, who are the most likely people to eat my cooking, have medical problems. One really tries to avoid fat and the other is a non-compliant diabetic. Please don't suggest how to use less rich ingredients because it wouldn't be fabulous and that's how I want the pie to turn out. If I ever feed it to them I will make a big green salad and serve small portions of the pie. Also, no dessert.

I have at least 20 minutes to wait and I am impatient!

Comments (3)