SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lydia1959

Internet options?

lydia1959
13 years ago

I've been having a terrible time with my phone company and dsl provider. Every time it storms or rains hard my phone gets so much static that I cannot make any phone calls, the dsl goes off and on. These issues last for days... I'm guessing it has to do with water or moisture.

I've checked the phones in the house and did all the powering on and off of things. A tech came out about 4 months ago and couldn't find the problem. He thought it was my computer (how would that affect the telephones in the house though?). Another tech came out a couple weeks ago. Said the problem was not in the house and he switched some cables outside and things worked fine until the last storm on Sunday. Someone else is coming out today but I am tired dealing with the same issues over and over and would like to switch to a internet option that does not use the phone line.

I currently have Centurylink. The following companies do NOT have service in my neighborhood: Verizon, AT&T, Earthlink (dial-up only), Comcast and TDS. Charter does have cable TV here, but they do not offer internet service. I remember some people here saying they had some sort of internet that went through their cell phones somehow. Flamingo maybe? Can anyone give me more info on that?

We do have DirecTV which might offer a satellite service, but we are wanting to switch to cable television in the near future and don't want a satellite with an expensive bill just for internet.

Comments (7)