SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
divamum_gw

OT, but an important reminder

divamum
16 years ago

I was attacked tonight as I came up onto my front porch and was getting my keys out to open the door - a guy with a bandana tied over his face sprinted up the porch stairs out of the shadows and grabbed my bag off my shoulder.

I struggled and didn't let go until he dragged me across the porch and I crashed and burned against one of the brick pillars (ooohhh my bruised legs....); unfortunately, he ran off before the neighbours or DH could get outside when they heard my screams.

Joke's on him though - he grabbed my music bag instead of my purse. Unless he's REALLY into opera, makeup, women's shoes, tights and a slip he didn't get anything of value.

Police were great - took it very seriously. They said this is "silly season" for this kind of random stuff and that it is, alas, all too common.

Anyway, I post this not on my own behalf, but to remind all of you to TAKE CARE, no matter how safe you feel at home. This is a nice suburban family area which can all too easily lull one into a false sense of security - DON'T LET IT! Stay in well lit areas, listen and look around you and take NOTHING for granted. EVER. Be safe out there.

Oh, and tomorrow, we're going to ask our GC to add a motion-sensor floodlight to the front so there are NO shadows. I don't care if it delays the installation of my sink (so you KNOW I must be serious!)

Comments (21)