SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sylviatexas1

have: FW Plant Swap: Important Etiquette Reminder

sylviatexas1
16 years ago

Although traders might decide to trade nice plants for a handful of magic beans or to simply give their plants away, it isn't reasonable to expect them to & it's certainly not polite to simply state that you want their plants or to state that you *will* trade your offering for theirs.

When you request something, please remember to offer something in return, to *ask* the trader if your offer is agreeable, & to keep in mind the equibility of the trade.

Example:

If I want someone's 5 David Austin roses, I wouldn't just say I want them without either offering something specific or asking the trader to look at my trade list & let me know.

If I have something in mind to trade, I would make sure my offering is something equally as nice as the roses, maybe a couple of whiskey barrels or some such.

& I'd ask the trader if she wants to trade;

maybe she has no use for whiskey barrels or can't get them into her car or isn't able to wrestle with the huge heavy things, or maybe someone has already offered her something that she'd like more than my whiskey barrels.

A little thought & a little thoughtfulness will make our swap a happy experience for everyone, & I'm looking forward to seeing everyone enjoy the swap.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions