aquadragonfly

have: earl, nc plant swap sept 14th.

aquadragonfly
10 years ago

Plant Swap Location:
Earl City Hall
569 Crow Rd,
Earl, NC 28038
The park is right beside it you can't miss it.

Time: 10:00 to 2:00
9:30 to begin setting up

Date: September 14.

Don't forget to bring a covered dish or dessert or something to eat as we will be having a Meet and Greet before the swap begins.
You will absolutely need to bring your own chair as seating is limited. Also if you have a portable table of some kind these will be handy as well. As table and seating space is limited here.
There are play areas for children to play also seating around the play area in case you need to bring a spouse, extra chairs would be a good idea.
Plus the area is fenced so this is really an excellent site I think.
NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED AT THE PARK, PLEASE DO NOT BRING ANY PETS.

PLEASE bring 'HEALTHY', well established plants to trade. This is important. See information below about this.

Please label your plants with simple but as much information as you have for their new owners with plant name, growing requirements (shade/sun), perennial, ***annual, herb, houseplant and bulbs; any info you feel would be important information about the plant. This will make it easier for the new plant owner to know where to plant and how to care for their new plant.Please also make sure your plants are free of any critters and pests. I know this isn't always easy but please try to make sure they are bug free.Also please make sure you do not bring a plant that has an diseases we don't want to spread something to someone's garden.
Example of diseased plant: Yellow or black spots in the leaves, powdery mildew, a fungus ect. I am sure you can tell a sickly plant from a healthy one.
***Annuals: Please do not bring annuals to a Fall swap, unless it is intended to be a houseplant. It would not be fair to bring annuals to a Fall swap because the growing season is over at this point. I hope you understand.

Try to establish your plants in pots at least two week, (a month would be better) before the plant swap, keep watered (THIS is a must, if you don't keep them watered they might not make it)and keep in the shade, at least dapple shade if you can't do full shade, this will help them to start growing again. Please make sure there is good root system - don't cut off the stem andleave the root in the ground. This is only fair you wouldn't want to receive a 'twig' of something you really wanted only to find it doesn't have roots, so please make sure your plants are growing well and have a nice root system. If you took cuttings of your plants please make sure they have established roots before bringing to the swap. If not then please keep them for the next swap whether it be scheduled for the fall or spring swap.

Do not remove any plants from the table that do not belong to you except when the swap beings you may take plants at this time. Plants that were not taking you may ask for after the swap has completed.

Special Trading/Swapping:You may make outside personal swaps with someone for "Special/Rare" much wanted plants you have for other hard to find or get plants you want someone else might have. This will be completed before the swap or after so you must be willing to come early or stay a little later.

PLEASE BE SURE TO BRING YOUR OWN CHAIR this might come in handy. There is some seating at the park but not enough please bring your own chair.
Also if you have extra portable tables we could use this will help as well.

What you may bring if you don't have plants:

Garden Pots, CLEAN used blinds, plastic gallon water/milk jugs, red drink cups at least 20 oz, toilet paper and paper towel rolls (yes someone may want them) etc... (If you have an abundance of plant containers you no longer want, please bring them to the swap! Someone might need them, hopefully for the next swap! hint, hint, hint) stepping stones - - bring what you don't want or have an abundance of to trade for something you do want as long as it is garden related it is fair game!
Clean butter tubs and such would be appreciated as well because they can be used to plant in. (Makes good containers to bring plants in for the swap ;) )
Gardening books someone may really want them.

SEEDS:
You may bring seeds with you if they are labeled correctly and from the current year or the previous year NO OLDER PLEASE.

FOOD:
Also bring a covered dish, dip and chips or desserts, as we will be eating before the swap begins or after the swap which ever the group decides to do first.A discussion will be started for the food as well, unless it is an unusual dish like Broccoli salad but we wouldn't want 5 mac and cheese or 5 potato salads ;) so we will start a food thread.EXTRAS: You may bring plates, cups, plastic utensils, or drink of your choice. We will have a discussion before the swap as to who is bringing what in the extras department so we don't have too many plates and no forks for example.

Remember, this is a "FREE" plant exchange -- NO SELLING!

DISCLAIMER:
Participants of the event may be asked to sign a waiver due to possible accident or injury on the property, this is a FREE EVENT, by showing up you agree that you are entering the property at your own risk.

Have FUN!!!

Also, if you are not interested in attending the food portion of the swap (although we would like to meet and talk with you before the swap begins) then please by all means come with your plants around 10:30, that will give you ample time to set your plants up while we finish up the Meet and Greet portion of the swap.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS FROM:
CHARLOTTE, NC

1. Start out going northwest on E Trade St toward N Davidson St. 0.1 mi
  2. Turn left onto S Caldwell St.
    S Caldwell St is just past S Davidson St
    Hyatt House Charlotte/Center City is on the corner
    If you reach S Brevard St you've gone a little too far 0.5 mi
  3. Merge onto I-277 S/US-74 W.
    If you are on South Blvd and reach E Carson Blvd you've gone about 0.2 miles too far 1.3 mi
  4. Merge onto Freedom Dr via EXIT 1A toward US-29/NC-27. 2.5 mi
  5. Merge onto I-85 S via the ramp on the left toward Gastonia (Crossing into South Carolina).
    If you reach Lucky Penny St you've gone about 0.1 miles too far 38.8 mi
  6. Take the SC-5/SC-198 exit, EXIT 102, toward Blacksburg/Rockhill. 0.2 mi
  7. Stay straight to go onto I-85 S. 0.1 mi
  8. Take the 1st right onto SC-198 (Crossing into North Carolina). Hardee's is on the corner
    If you reach Rocky Springs Rd you've gone a little too far 2.6 mi
  9. SC-198 becomes Blacksburg Rd/NC-198. 2.0 mi
  10. Turn left. 0.1 miles past Thomas Dr
    If you reach 3rd St you've gone about 0.1 miles too far 0.02 mi
  11. Turn right onto Bettis Rd. 0.10 mi
  12. Take the 1st left onto Crow Rd.
    If you reach Trent McSwain Rd you've gone a little too far 0.4 mi
  13. 569 CROW RD is on the right.
    Your destination is just past Austell Rd
    If you reach Kelso Dr you've gone a little too far

From ASHEVILLE, NC

1. Start out going northwest on Broadway St/US-25. Continue to follow US-25. 0.10 mi
  2. Merge onto I-240 W. 4.8 mi
  3. Merge onto I-26 E/US-74 E via the exit on the left toward Asheville Airport/Hendersonville/Spartanburg. 35.0 mi
  4. Take the US-74 E exit, EXIT 67, toward NC-108/Columbus/Rutherfordton. 0.3 mi
  5. Merge onto US-74 E. 38.4 mi
  6. US-74 E becomes W Dixon Blvd/US-74-BYP E/NC-226 S. 2.4 mi
  7. Turn slight right onto Earl Rd/NC-226. Continue to follow NC-226.
    NC-226 is 0.2 miles past Academy St 3.8 mi
  8. Stay straight to go onto S Post Rd/NC-180. 0.9 mi
  9. Turn slight left onto Blacksburg Rd/NC-198. 2.1 mi
  10. Turn right. 0.1 miles past 5th St
    If you reach Thomas Dr you've gone about 0.3 miles too far 0.03 mi
  11. Take the 1st left onto Bettis Rd.
    If you are on Trent McSwain Rd and reach Johnson St you've gone a little too far 0.07 mi
  12. Take the 1st right onto Crow Rd.
    If you reach Silverdale Dr you've gone about 0.4 miles too far 0.4 mi
  13. 569 CROW RD is on the right.
    From GREENVILLE SC
  14. Start out going north on S Main St toward E Court St. 0.3 mi
  15. Turn right onto E North St/SC-183 E. Continue to follow E North St.
    E North St is just past E Coffee St
    Cantinflas Restaurant & Bar is on the right
    If you reach College St you've gone about 0.1 miles too far 0.7 mi
  16. Stay straight to go onto I-385 S. 5.3 mi
  17. Merge onto I-85 N via EXIT 36 toward Airport/Spartanburg. 51.8 mi
  18. Take the SC-5/SC-198 exit, EXIT 102, toward Blacksburg/Rock Hill. 0.3 mi
  19. Stay straight to go onto I-85 N. 0.2 mi
  20. Take the 1st left onto SC-198/N Mountain St. Continue to follow SC-198 (Crossing into North Carolina).If you reach I-85 N you've gone about 0.4 miles too far 2.7 mi
  21. SC-198 becomes Blacksburg Rd/NC-198. 2.0 mi
  22. Turn left.
    0.1 miles past Thomas Dr
    If you reach 3rd St you've gone about 0.1 miles too far 0.02 mi
  23. Turn right onto Bettis Rd. 0.10 mi
  24. Take the 1st left onto Crow Rd.
    If you reach Trent McSwain Rd you've gone a little too far 0.4 mi
  25. 569 CROW RD is on the right.

These are from MAPQUEST I provided the address for the park so you can put it in your GPS or mapquest from you actual address.

The address provided is actual the Earl Town Hall building address but the park is right beside it you can not miss it. I will also have signs up for the swap.
It's the building with the white top right behind the shelter and swing set in the picture.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
King Construction Company LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Loudoun County, VA Custom Builder for Equestrian Facilities