SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenellecal

Tricky Layout Help Part Two with PICS

jenellecal
13 years ago

Ok I'm back with pictures and the whole house plan this time. Space is a bit of a challenge. Old one room schoolhouse that has been remodeled over the years. Not interested in taking it back to the "original" era but it should be better than it is now :). Due to finances we're leaving the space mostly as is with a few allowances for some wall removal. Tried to move the kitchen to the living room (great plan by the way) but it involves moving the ceiling back to the original height and that was going to be too costly.

Challenges of existing kitchen - It has only one entrance and it intersects the door outside. We all end up entering and leaving the space at the same time.

The nook does me no good since it's too small. My new design has an entry coming into the nook with a 12" wide run of tall cabs.

We "may" need to keep the wall that's between the nook and the kitchen but I can work with that through columns if necessary.

I love my sink under the window :)

Other challenge is trying to create a new entry to the master bedroom since the existing one lines up with the front door.

Pantry storage isn't an issue since I have a full basement for overflow stuff.

I'm planning on having white cabs with black stone countertops.

I cook ALL the time - usually a one person kitchen although DH would like to cook some (I don't like him often).

Also take a peek at the bathroom - any suggestions? Door and window can't be moved :(.

Thanks and please give me all of your ideas :)

Outside of house. The front entrance will be the only entrance. The side stairs are being removed and that door closed in. We're building an overhang over the front entrance.

Entering the kitchen - the only way in and out.

The wood stove and chimney are being removed (stove already is). Doors at the end are the pantry and broom closet.

View to dining and living area. Door to be removed and thinking about a corner dining area due to main entrance coming right into dining.

Existing kitchen

Whole house and proposed kitchen design

Comments (13)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals