SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
threeboysforme

Golden oak kitchen updates!

threeboysforme
11 years ago

We bought the house 7 years ago, at that time we loved the golden oak solid all custom cabinets...now not so much but it isn't in the budget to redo them. Eventually I think we may re-finish them but not now. I know golden oak isn't a popular choice around here but it is what I have to work with.

We are going to do new counter-tops, new sink, new back splash replace the window behind the sink and hopefully a new floor! I'm wishing as our appliances broke we got stainless but we have black and they are all new (within 3 years old)

I don't know what type of surface we are using yet it is a price factor to this. We have about 8-10 K to do this soup to nuts so I'm hoping that we can just update it all. Here are my pictures I need rec's on counter top color, flooring colors and types (tile is out and with large dogs and three active boys not sure how I feel about hard wood either)

You can't really tell but the counters are a dark green and the backspash is a white tile with green grout and random tiles with pictures of herbs on them, there is also a brick wall near the fridge) here is a link to the Photobucket of the kitchen (there is the entry way in there too which is under construction, and pictures of the cork floor I thought I liked but I don't) http://s276.beta.photobucket.com/user/toxicmommy/library/home/Kitchen -

We live coastal so I was thinking a weathered type floor in white?

We MAY be selling within the next three years so I'm looking for something that appeals to most people. I'm going to bring our personality i through accent pieces and colors. I'm looking for ideas on the wall color, counter-top color and surface type, as well as backslash ideas. I've spent tons of time looking at kitchens but not many are golden oak and if so they are all outdated like ours :)

ETA: the flooring planks were just some cork that I was trying to see if I liked not the actual floor! :)

This post was edited by threeboysforme on Fri, Dec 14, 12 at 11:55

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!