SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aa62579

Please critique plan and DW location

aa62579
13 years ago

Kitchen size is approximately 10 1/2' x 16'.

Appliances: 2 refrigerators (30" size), range (30"), dishwasher (24"), main sink (36" cabinet), prep sink (24" cabinet)

Island: Estimated size is 9' x 4' (not including counter overhang). Distance between island and main counters is 3 1/2' - 4' Island will be used more for prep and as a buffet than for seating, but she does have two barstools (rectangular), that she would like to stick under the overhang. If 1' is not enough, can probably make the island wider, can make it smaller and lose the 1 foot cabinets in the back, or make the 24" boxes smaller. All boxes are being built by contractor, so they do not have to be standard depths.

The only place I saw a possible appliance door collision is if you had the trash pullout in the island ALL the way out and opened the fridge door greater than 90 degrees. If the fridge is recessed any (there is a pantry behind them that we can rob room from) and if the pullout is never pulled all the way out, I don't think they will ever touch.

Top opening goes to eating area. Bottom opening goes to a hallway/closet/great room.

There will be a window on the sink wall, but it can be shifted left or right.

Microwave will probably set on the counter or go into a open shelf in the island (27" cabinet).

I did a mockup in Excel so that the dimensions could be seen. Each square is 3". Plan now is that most of the daily dishes will be in the cabinets near the corner. Routine is scrape/rinse/DW, so I would like to keep those close to each other to still allow that.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments (7)