SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie1031_gw

The secret to stress-free decision making!

debbie1031
13 years ago

Anyone else have this experience? I have been agonizing (for years) about a remodel. Tearing down a wall or two, losing the dining room, stained or painted and glazed cabinets, new appliance research, drawing plan upon plan, bringing buehl in to to think smart and fresh. (Thanks, Buehl! You showed such clear thought and were so generous with your time! I can't tell you how much you impress me with your talents and abilities and willingness to share.)

I agonized, I tell you! And all of you TKO's know the feeling.

So what's the secret? Find out that you will be moving in two years, and boy do things become simple! The decisions are so easy now. In one week, we decided to leave the rooms as they are, replace the cabinets in a very similar configuration to current, but nudge the dishwasher over to create room for a lazy susan, lose a primarily decorative built-in with little storage and replace with a pantry.

We put a down payment on the cabinets- cherry stained and glazed maple cabinets,(Nice! wood construction, dovetailed drawers, full extension glides and soft close drawers) called the installer, picked carpet for the basement and family room, picked hardware, and are close to picking tile for floor and backsplash.

Easy peasy! Just knowing it isn't forever, gives me the freedom to make decisions that are darn good without fretting that isn't 'exactly'perfectly done like a showhouse or what I've dreamed of my entire life. And I'd be willing to bet once this is all done probably in January or February- we'll enjoy it so much that we'll wonder why we spent so much time not moving forward and living in the moment! I have been telling my kids for years: The enemy of progress is "perfect". I will have a kitchen that is beautiful, functional- and yes, smaller in scale than many but we will love it and so will the buyer who gets a recently remodeled kitchen!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert