SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
three_daisies

And, my NEW oven tries to ruin Xmas dinner!! Advice, pls!

three_daisies
14 years ago

Will x-post this in Appliances, but thought I might get some good feedback here. I have a new Frigidaire Gallery wall oven and I'm not sure it's working properly.

A small overspill on a pie caused a huge smoke out --and even after we cleaned it up/scraped the charred stuff out after it cooled, it smoked us all out AGAIN when we put in the rest of the dinner to bake, and made ALL the baked food taste like smoke.

The oven window is now stained an iridescent MINT green from the smoke, and I can't wipe it off. I have a GREEN oven window!!

I can't even describe how disappointed I am - I feel like my 2 month old oven is ruined. I haven't tried the self-clean function yet but I'm afraid to create more smoke. It was in the air for hours yesterday.

I had this happen on a smaller scale from ONE drip of cheese from a pizza a few weeks ago, but the relatively small pie spill caused major havoc in the kitchen yesterday. My mom who was doing a lot of the cooking and who has 10 yr old GE Profile ovens, was completely flummoxed and didn't understand why the Frigidaire was smoking so much. Right now, I'd prefer my old 1976 ovens to this smoky mess. I always had junk/drips at the bottom of the old ovens and set the fire alarm off maybe ONCE in 5 years.

Is this normal for newer ovens?? I'm so crushed!!!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!