SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
three_daisies

Oops, I need a cable outlet in new backsplash...advice?

three_daisies
14 years ago

I know this is all backwards and I suppose it's entirely my fault - I had to go ahead and get our backsplash installed b/c we had a fancy party in December, and DH was ready to get the kitchen totally done. We have simple white subway tile from Lowe's.

Then we get this great 15" flat screen tv from his mom as a xmas gift - great to put in the unused corner on the counter under the cabinets and a perfect location when I'm cooking and for anyone at the island. Problem is, the satellite/cable outlet is across the room in the eating area - we don't want a TV there anymore. I didn't anticipate the flat screen as a gift and thus didn't plan for it prior to the tile install.

Is it crazy to get a cable outlet in the backsplash now and have to have the tile repaired? Do I risk ruining a good portion of the backsplash? The DirecTV guy recommended having my tile installer drill the hold using an appropriate drill to reduce any damage. The Direct TV guy (here on a different repair) said HE wouldn't want to be the one drilling, he'd be too nervous about ruining some of the tiles. Just don't know if it's worth it. WWYD?

Comments (9)