SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muscat_gw

Is this a real lightbulb moment, or do I have cold feet?

muscat
16 years ago

I had this sudden inspiration the other day, and I cannot let it go. For those of you who sort of know mt project, I'm doing a kitchen with simple mahogany shaker cabs, an attemt at clean lines, and I think of my style as earthy but contemporary. These pics, so far, demonstrate what I *think* will characterize the kitchen:

overall layout:

{{!gwi}}

cabinets, floor types and volga blue granite:

{{!gwi}}

backsplash tile ideas:

{{!gwi}}

Well, I have this secret love affair with rainforest green marble, and I rejected it as a countertop idea since marble is not as strong/resistant as granite. Now I'm picturing rainforest green with my cabinets, and it sounds so serene and pretty and green......

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I cant tell if this is an inspiration that I should follow or if I'm just freaking out. I have already bought my granite- I got an AMAZING deal on it since the slabs were oddly shaped and happened to fit my layout well. I could see if they'd let me "return" them (they are still at the yard) and buy the marble instead..... I didn't even let myself take a sample of the rainforest green home before.....it just haunts me with how PRETTY it is.....I'm losing it.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH