SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_ct

Granite that looks like marble

sue_ct
16 years ago

When I was at International Granite and Marble today. I found that I liked stones that had graceful waves of movement. In particular I liked Vyara and Costa Esmeralda/Costa Smerelda because of the light colors (would contrast nicely with my dark cabinets), but particularly because of the type of movement in them. The costa Esmerelda is a beautiful light green, but too expensive. The person I was with thought they looked more like marble than the more wildly chaotic patterns or look of splattering or dots that many granites have. Can anyone recommend low to medium price granites I can ask about that are light in color and that might have similar types of movement? I have an appt to pick out a slab at 9am tommorrow morning, so I need some fast suggestions. I have to use this supplier to get my kitchen installers prices, which are quite good. IGM is one of the largest granite yards in the Northeast I am told, so I should be able to find something. But you are not allowed to just wonder around looking at slabs on your own for hours. It has to be by appt and I think they said they book appts in 30 minute time slots, so I want to have some more specific ones to check out by then.

They have a web site, but I found it they were sold out of many on there, and there might have been more in stock not on the web list.

If there is something I am not seeing that I can ask about, they might be able to tell me when the next shipment is due. They said they get new granite in daily, but once they sell out, it takes 6 weeks to get a new shipment in. Oddly, something common, like New Ventian Gold, is sold out and not due back in for a month.

www.igmcorp.com

Any help would be appreciated.

Sue

Comments (18)