SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raehelen

Can't believe I set myself up for this AGAIN- Granite not coming!

raehelen
16 years ago

OK- I'm on my way out to a Christmas party, so I don't want to get too upset, but I also don't want to complain there, cuz in reality, I doubt if anyone will truly understand!

My hair is in curlers (the hard heated kind) so when the phone rang, it was difficult to place right next to my ear, and I couldn't see the caller ID. The voice sounded familiar- I thought it was one of the six ladies I'm driving to the party...

How are you?, she asks.

"I'm fine/good, I don't remember exactly what I said"

Oh really? ...OK- that should have been a clue right there,,,

I hate to phone you again about this... I'm still thinking it's someone I coach (It's a Xmas party for the Masters synchronized swim team I coach)... and that she is going to say she can't make it to the party...

'Allen'.... My mind goes into a frenzy- what.... 'Allen is not going to be able to make it tomorrow'....No, I just don't believe it... but, of course I do... The phone drops from my hand, and as an out of body self says "Ah F...", I vaguely hear 'He's going to come Tuesday" as I hang up the phone!

If you knew me, you would know, as my friends say, I'm just too nice- so for me to hang up on someone (other than DH in an arguement :>)is totally out of character.

But the background on this is, I ordered this granite and cabinets May 8. When I found out the granite wasn't going to arrive until August 1, I was kinda worried/upset, but figured since we were DIY the demolition/reno, that maybe we would need all that time anyways... Anyhow, LOng story short, delay after delay after delay- and more times than I can say they were supposed to be coming with the granite, and after cancelling last weekend, the girl said I WILL NOT PHONE until Allen has the stuff in his truck and is on his way to your place so that you won't be disappointed again. Oh, I'm starting to shake right now, and I still have to get make-up on. Can't elaborate anymore- suffice it to say. No granite tomorrow, and I am FUMING

Sorry for the long rant- but there it is- thank you and good night- Off I go, and Dammit, can't even drink, as I'm driving! GRRR!

Comments (5)