SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bayareafrancy

i did it! my first sock! i can't believe i did it!!

bayareafrancy
15 years ago

Ok, I guess I need to post a photo.

Oh my gosh--I actually did it! I really wasn't sure I could. It was hard, and my hands are aching. I practically did all 20 (or so) hours in one sitting!

The hardest part was picking up stitches for the gusset. Several of my slipped stitches were messed up in one way or another. They were hard to find, and I don't think I found them all correctly. I ended up picking up 12 on each side (rather than the instructed 10), because I saw 12 on one side, and had to make the other side even. Then I just decreased the extras as I went around.

Ques 1. Do I need to tie up the tail at the top? Weaving it in never seems secure to me. My weavings always come unwoven eventually.

Ques 2. Rather than joining at the cast on, I decided to try joining at the first round of k2p2. The result seems to be a little dip in the top edge of the sock (like someone took a bite off the top of the cuff). Is that normal for that kind of join? Can I do anything to "fill" it in?

My sock! My very own sock! It fits perfectly! It is so cute! I'm wearing one sock. Wheeeeee!

My 7 year old asked: "so now you have to make another one that is the *same* size as that one?"

Me: "Um. Yes."

My 5 year old asked: "if it isn't the same, can I have it to play with?"

Me: "uh...."

7 year old: "And can I have the first one to play with?"

Me: "uh..."

5 year old: "I hope it's not the same size!"

7 year old: "Me too!"

Me: *sob*

Thank you again to everyone who gave me help and encouragement!

:-)

francy (off to cast on the next one)

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions