SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ella_socal

Mini Reno -- Should I Hire a KD?

ella_socal
15 years ago

I have a brand-new kitchen, but wasn't able to pick what I wanted (the builder did), so I'm planning a mini-renovation, including:

--stripping and re-staining the cabs a dark espresso color

--removing granite and installing marble countertops

--removing SS sink and installing a Shaw's apron front (including retrofitting the sink cab)

--potentially removing the cooktop and installing a Wolf rangetop (and retrofitting the cabinet below & above)

--adding pantry pull-outs, adding pull-out trash cabinet, changing all drawers to accommodate Blum glides

--installing new faucets, insinkerator, cold water filter, cabinet hardware

I've been talking to various contractors and there's a bit of coordination required on my part (granite has to come out before cabs are re-stained, marble to go in after staining, sink must be ordered before sink cab is retrofitted, which must be done before re-staining, etc.). There also always seems to be some issue when dealing with contractors, whether they're installing landscaping, flooring, tile, etc. Sometimes it works out fine in the end and sometimes not as you expected.

I wasn't thinking of hiring a KD due to cost and the fact that I know what I want in terms of design. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of situation and would a KD be recommended? It would certainly remove a bit of stress if I didn't have to manage/coordinate the whole thing.

Comments (6)