SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
35ftcabo

Layout Help - Any and all advice appreciated

KBH
12 years ago

Our recently purchased house needs a new kitchen. I have attached pictures of the current kitchen (I am saving boxes to move everything once the demo begins). I have added a 24" cabinet to the current range wall run and a diagonal peninsula by placing a microwave and a bunch of boxes and shelving so I could make sure the layout was livable. We are double checking the minimum clearance from stove to window, but think as long as the closest window is non-operable, we'll be okay.

Couple of things:

1. Cabinets (not ordered yet) are due to be Starmark (free upgrade to 3/4" shelves and all plywood) Marshmallow Creme (creamy white). The section where the pantry and the bookcase is will be dark cherry. I haven't picked out the granite yet, but am leaning towards Alaska White or Super White Quartzite.

2. I think the sink is listed as 36", but I think that's too big and will probably go with 33" and use a 33" base. I will add the 3" to one of the cabinets.

3. I have one run of windows in the entire kitchen (143") facing northeast. I had originally fell in love with black stained oak cabinets, but am afraid it will be too dark. I like a lot of light.

4. Any advice appreciated. This is a very odd shaped kitchen. We can't fit an island unfortunately. I attached the floor plan of the house so you can see the overall picture.

5. There was a fire that destroyed the family room and garage - that is why the family room is boarded up.

Thank you in advance!

My drawing of the kitchen with some extra measurements

Inside wall

Outside wall opposite the refrigerator wall

Birds Eye View

House first floor layout

"orphan wall" - planned to be dark cherry

Apologize for mess - planned diagonal peninsula

Peninsula from other side, looking toward family room

Left side is the "orphan wall" - dark cherry

View from family room opening

Outside wall - range will be on this wall at the end.

Comments (4)