SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannyg1885

semi-finished kitchen; wholehearted Thank You!

13 years ago

I've been lurking (unfortunately I found you after the plans were finalized and cabinets ordered) since July and the kitchen is done enough for pics. Still have to finish trim, replace doors, build the pantry in the closet we found behind the wall...Plenty to keep us busy this winter.

The house is an 1885 Dutch Colonial with a kitchen that had been updated in 1970 by people who really liked the "hearth" look. Fake brick everywhere!

We pulled everything away from the wall (which made it awkward to get out onto the deck) so that we could have a peninsula/bar. We also cut back a wall a few feet to have a diagonal opening which really opened things up to the "library".

DH did most of the work himself. He couldn't have installed the farmsink without all posts and advice on GW. Thank you!

Old Kitchen:

From Old Kitchen

From Old Kitchen

From Old Kitchen

From Old Kitchen

From Old Kitchen

New Kitchen:

From New Kitchen

From New Kitchen

From New Kitchen

From New Kitchen

From New Kitchen

Some details:

Cabinets: Thomasville Eden Maple Cabinets with Cranberry Stain (Home Depot)

Granite: Honed Virginia Mist. LOOOVE it! Wanted "soapstone" look- but not maintenance. Thanks GW for introducing me to honed granite!

Sink: Whitehaus Fluted Apron Farm Sink (Qualitybath.com) very happy w/ online purchase.

Faucet:Kohler (bought at Home Depot-cant think of the name...)

Stove: Electrolux Icon Professional (LOVE LOVE LOVE it!)

Hood: Broan Elite (it's great-- had few choices- had to back vent outside)

Dishwasher: Bosch Ascenta Evolution- It'll do.

Reused old amana fridge. Will replace with stainless someday.

Floor: American Olean Vallano in Hopscotch pattern. 12x12 is Caramel; 6x6 is milk chocolate

stools: Pier one

paint: C2 Melodic (grey-- but looks green at night- not happy :(

Lights (temporary-- home depot)

Would love some color recommendations because we cannot seem to get the floor/cabinet/counter/wall combo right.

Also any recommendations for artwork, window treatments etc. We are simple, non-collector New Englanders who are anything but fussy.

Thanks to all here at GW!!

Comments (6)