SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pbrisjar

We've had the whinge thread, now for a Kudos thread...

pbrisjar
15 years ago

Many of you are probably familiar with my cabinet color issues. Turns out the unstained look won't work as the cabs go yellow with just a topcoat. Big, big bummer as I really liked the pale wood (which surprised me) but I knew it was a possibility. So Hubby spent yesterday staining the lower cabs the same color as the top ones. There are still some areas that are turning orangey despite best efforts. As we were talking about it last night, I told Hubby that if I knew back when we picked this color what it would turn out like, I never would have picked it. (We did do a test piece but it wasn't the right conditions. It also was not my first pick.) He looked at me and in all seriousness and earnestness said that if I really wanted it changed, we'd change it. He's going to fiddle with it today and so we'll be able to decide tonight/tomorrow.

We're also making significant progress in other areas. I see some cabinet redesigns and a few other things in our future. It's just taking us a really long time because we don't really know what we're doing and we both have very different ideas on initial impression and very, very different communication styles. This has definitely been a learning experience on many fronts.

Now we just need to get past all the illnesses / medical issues in the family and we'll be fine.

(I had an Aussie friend explain to me that the difference between a whine and a whinge is that a whinge is justified.)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!