SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gigi_4321

Last minute change? Help!!

Gigi_4321
12 years ago

I know, I know, I should have come to the forum before final decisions were made. But I really thought I knew what I wanted. Now that cabinets are in and marble is scheduled for Monday, I'm having a last minute panic attack.

My current plan: As you face the kitchen there are china cabinet type cabs on either side. (where the home depot box is and on the right, next to the ref. cab)

My concern: Do I have enough room on the left side of the range. Currently it's 25". I could add a 10-12" cabinet to the left of the drawers.

What this will do to the plan: The cabinet on the left will only be 24" wide with only one door on top and bottom, the cabinet which it was suppose to match, will be 34" wide with double doors on top and bottom. I can change the cabinets easily, but will have to call the marble guy to see if I have time to change the mable. Is this all worth it for 12 extra inches on the left of the range? I will have an island in the middle of the kitchen, (the range currently sits where the island will be)

In another thought. The two china cabs have not been built yet. I could scrap the tall cabinet, put a 12" lower cab, which will give me 37" to the left of the range, then build a 50" wide cab, 24" deep lower with 12" upper, to resemble a hutch, build in rift cut white oak to match the cabs across.

Am I crazy? Seriously, does this happen at the end of the remodel? I know I had way too many choices and opportunities to change my mind. I waited to give the final go ahead on everything just in case I had a last minute change of mind. I'm hoping the consensus will be: 25" is plenty of room on the left of the range, keep everything the same! Not: You are lucky you have time to change things, even though your dh will kill you. Speaking of dh, mine would have sauntered into home depot, sat down with a kd and said, just make it functional and would have been happy with the outcome (and price!) But I agonized over every detail and changed the plan a hundred times, sometime by just an inch. Ok, I'm rambling now, a little afraid to hit send. Go easy on me.

taken from breakfast room, china cab would be where the home depot box is,

and a matching cab will be on the right next to ref. cab

Should I scrap the tall cab, add a 12" base to left of white base, then build a 50" hutch? This all sounds like way too much work!

Comments (9)