SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susied

Help-Should we make this last minute Drastic change?

Susied3
10 years ago

The longest GW remodel continues.....

Our latest saga is this, in the baking center, the fridge and freezer are flanking the back wall, sink in the middle. Well.... We decided to make the pantry a foot larger and didn't realize the impact of that lost foot on that wall! The cabinet maker came to finalize measurement and placement of the sink and other cabinets and we were kind of disappointed to say the least. Now the sink looks too large to me for that wall. It can't be centered because we are planning on an 18" DW between sink and refrigerator. DH does not want to change out the sink, he likes it.
Our pantry isn't finished, because it is temporarily holding the fridge/freezer, but we do have a couple cabinets installed. One large cabinet which holds a toaster oven and large cooking accessories.
DH pointed out that we use the toaster much more than the freezer and suggested we move the freezer to the pantry and put regular base cabinets where the freezer cabinet is now. The sink could then stay centered and a bank of drawers would go where freezer cabinet is now for bread, snacks and paper plates that I had originally planned on the left of sink. Not to mention the counter space. With it the way it is, the cabinetmaker can barely fit in a 12" bank of drawers and that doesn't seem large enough to me.
I'm posting some pics to give you an idea of what I'm talking about, I'm sure y'all can help figure this out!!

Thanks so much!

Looking in to area

Comments (14)