SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
auroraborelis

I need to make a few last minute changes - Help please1

auroraborelis
11 years ago

We need to make a few last minute changes to our floor plan, and I'm looking for help!

There are three changes that I am considering

1. Bathroom design does not leave room to hang a towel anywhere near the tub or shower. Anyone have any ideas on how to rework this space (small changes in the overall dimensions and shape of the room would be fine). The swing on the toilet closet door is currently incorrect as well.

2. Our small basement was removed for budget reasons and now we need to find space for cold storage/wine cellar on the main floor. At least 8x6 or so. Any ideas where to put this? (I am willing to give up one of the kids bathrooms and slide things over in that direction). We are looking for storage solutions for 1500 bottles of wine.

3. The upstairs needs to reconfigured to hold a media room and general play room area separated by double pocket doors. The space is large currently but doesn't allow room for two separate spaces. Our idea is to extend the room over the kitchen, but that leaves us with more space than we would know what to do with!

Overall Floor Plan

Front Elevation

Rear Elevation

Closeup Garage and kids rooms

Closeup main living area

Closeup of Master Suite area. Any ideas to reconfigure the bathroom? (Keeping the window next to the tub is a main priority as well). Exterior walls can be changed somewhat here.

Upstairs (can be extended in the front to the right by up to 17'). Overall, walls and locations of rooms here can be changes as well, keeping in mind how it will look from the front elevation.

Comments (40)