SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clinresga

Professional style pulldown faucets

clinresga
12 years ago

First post to GW in the 2+ years since we finished out kitchen. But now, need some help.

We have a huge island with a big orca sink. We wanted a large, "professional style" faucet with separate spring-supported pulldown handle. We did finally go with the Blanco Master Gourmet faucet. We were never enthralled: our biggest complaint has always been low flow rates, and the MG faucet was poor in this regard. There was no obvious way to defeat the flow restrictor that I could figure out. We just lived with it. Now, however, the faucet is malfunctioning. If you squeeze the handle on the pulldown spout, only part of the stream is diverted, with the rest running out the main faucet. Even when not using the pulldown, the flow rate through the main faucet is worse than ever.

We could try to get it fixed, but the flow rate was so poor that DW has incentivized me in all kinds of creative ways to get a new one. So, the question is, can anyone recommend a "professional style" pulldown faucet, like the MG, but with a higher flow rate. I had once looked at the KWC Superba. Back then, it listed the flow through main faucet as the usual 2 gpm, but the pulldown was listed as 6 gpm. Now the latest listing does not mention a higher flow rate for the pulldown. I worry that the Feds have somehow forced them to restrict the pulldown as well.

Any options? Should we look for a true restaurant grade professional faucet, or will there be installation or usability problems in our residential setting?

So, bottom line--we need something better than the Blanco! Thanks for any help.

Comments (4)