SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vidyaram

Need paint color help to match window trim with kitchen cabinets

vidyaram
13 years ago

Hi

First of all I would like to thank the gardenweb forums for all the kind help. We are buying a spec home from the builder but where he lets us choose certain things.

We have a lot of trim work in the house because we asked for the picture frame around the windows( a trim with an angle on the top and bottom of the windows and and straight cut on the sides)

Our kitchen cabinets are an antique/off white with espresso cabinets in the island. There is a window on top of the sink and there are sliding doors from the breakfast nook.

SW creamy is the color of my cabinets. For the paint, the painter suggests a white white for all the trim work in the house. I am wondering if I put a true white for the trim around the window and sliding doors, if it will clash with the kitchen cabinet colors.

Painter suggests that the trim should be true white so that there will be no undertone for any color I paint in any of the rooms. Then, I could choose gray/beige/green. I get his point but with a lot of trim right next to the cabinets, would that be a clash?

The paint colors I am considering are SW true white/creamy/alabaster/dover white.

Thanks in advance

Comment (1)