SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momof3kids_pa

Please help with my kitchen, which plan do you think?

momof3kids_pa
9 years ago

Uh, I thought I was sooo good when I did my last kitchen (sold that house), this kitchen I am having so much trouble! I posted a few months ago (thank you for your help then), but we have since hired an architect because we are doing more than just the kitchen. He brought plans last week. The attached plan is what we think we are keen on - it also is the one that fits our budget. He proposed moving kitchen to an exterior wall, but that involves moving lots of windows, and is out of budget. We have to nail down a plan before we go to the kitchen designer (because we are moving walls).

Anyhoo, at this stage we can switch and move things etc so I would love if you all could look this over and see if it's good or would move or change anything else. Attached are the architects plans, then my ikea planner version of that plan with the kitchen in place.

EXISTING layout:

Plan:

My kitchen plans are the link down the bottom... I cant figure how to embed those? Should I move dining room door? The architects plans call for a billiard room where the dining room was. We have to decide whether we want that room to be the pool table, or the formal dining room. We still have the living room which we had intended to be the pool room. Also, I don't want a sink in the island, i want a large unhindered space. I was thinking of having a cut out to the dining room where the sink is, similar to this:

But bottom line, we want advise on if you have the door to the dining room moved to where the architect put it, does that allow for a good layout of the kitchen? The kitchen (if you think a square) has 3 walls with doors and one open wall. I'm finding it very hard to get a good layout! Please help!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Layout Plans

This post was edited by momof3kids_pa on Wed, Nov 5, 14 at 15:42

Comments (7)