SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrv2006

What do you think about my new open plan home?

mrv2006
6 years ago

Hi everyone, my wife and I just purchased some land and we've been working with the architects on designing the perfect house. We don't want a house that's too big, as we value garden space. (the land is 36 meters front by 30 meters deep (118ft x 98ft).

Our idea is to have a contemporary house with nordic design. We love cooking and being with friends and family, so having the kitchen integrated with the living and dining area seems a must.

As we live in Paraguay (south america), where doing barbecues is a weekly thing, we also plan on having a connected area with its own dinner table and living space. All the outer walls in the living areas would be glass, including the double height.

As this is a great community with amazing professionals, I would love to hear your opinions on our design and how to better improve it. As you can see, there are two kitchens in the plan. The larger one is for me and my wife, while the smaller one is for the maids. Same goes with the bedroom and bathroom close to the utility room, those are for the maids.

My biggest concern would be if you think that the main kitchen is simply too large, or if you think that the layout could be changed.

Also, any other recommendation on another part of the house is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Luis.

Comments (28)