SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hydragea

can you put ultra-modern Kohler Karbon faucet in otherwise tradit

Hydragea
9 years ago

...Title got cut off. Title should say: "Can you put an ultra-modern Kohler Karbon faucet in an otherwise traditional kitchen".

I'm doing a white shaker kitchen with soapstone or black granite and bin pulls and glass knobs.

I realize that this look would require some sort of vintage-y faucet, but I really would prefer to have the functionality of a kohler Karbon.

Can I make this faucet work? Perhaps by using industrial stools or maybe industrial dining room fixture? (I'm not going to have pendants). Everything else is traditional: big harvest table and ladder back chairs.

The thing is, I don't really like the hugeness of the pull-down faucets available today, both in terms of girth and height. The karbon seems more diminutive. It is also functional.

I'd be open to suggestions for small pull-downs with a spout reach of 8" or so. (The bar faucets only seem to have a spout reach of about 6". I don't think that's enough for a main sink.)

I don't think I could go for a bridge faucet or anything with two handles and a side spray. I've had that set up and far prefer the 1-handle-integrated-spray setup.

FYI : I only have 1 sink and it's in the island.

***Edited to include full title name.***

This post was edited by Hydragea on Sat, Nov 8, 14 at 10:48

Comments (13)