SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
front_gw

Please help me with Farmhouse/apron sink

front
13 years ago

I leaning towards purchasing a SS Farmhouse sink. I am still looking into Fireclay, but I am worried about the irregularities and chipping/cracking. I need to select a sink prior to ordering the cabinets. I currently have this setup.

24" Base===42" Sink Base===24in dishwasher==small filler

Size:

I was advised by members on this board to not go with a 42" sink base. I think this is great advice. The sink base is usually wasted space. As far as the sink goes, what size sink should I consider (30", 33", 36") for my space? There is a window in the center of the wall (36"). I would like to have the sink line up with it.

Offset or not:

I noticed some farmhouse sinks are offset. They usually use a 27" base to push it forward. There are to angled trim pieces that connect the bases. How are these usually sized? For example, do I need a 33" sink with a 36" base to accomplish the offset? Will the dishwasher being next to the sink base cause problems with the offset? I could add a filler I guess. There would need to be a filler on both sides of the dishwasher if I do this.

Double Bowl or Single

I am looking for opinions on what is more functional double bowl or single. My sister in law says she loves her double bowl Farmhouse sink. Some things I'm considering is whether I use both sinks in my current setup. If I'm going to defrost meat in the sink. Are there any other pro's and con's between double and single bowl?

Brands:

What are some good models for Stainless steel farmhouse sinks?

Other things I need to know prior to selecting sink:

Is there anything else I should look into prior to selecting the sink (faucet, Fireclay, Cast Iron, etc.)?

Thanks again for all the help

Comments (6)