SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ammie805

Fire and Ice backsplash question..what granite did you choose?

ammie805
12 years ago

Hi everyone! After seeing Jodi in So Cal's pics (had first seen the backsplash a few weeks ago on some random backsplash website never thinking I would ever be able to figure out what kind of backsplash I was looking at) I was happy to find all of these posts/discussions on here!! Made my day!! Now, on to my question....what granite did you go with? I'm doing the quartz F&I and ordering some glass tile replacements seen on JC's website in Dark Amber to replace some of the clear tiles. We already picked a granite (just yesterday, I can change it) and my cabinets are a cherry tone (being refaced in SummerFlame), what color granite do you recommend? I don't want a black tone countertop (even though I like it, my kitchen is not bright enough to pull it off). I chose Ocean Bordeaux as the granite (changed it from crema bordeaux) because it had more of a subtle hint of green here and there in the slab). What do you experts think? It did look nice all together, granite complimented the cabinet color and picked up the glass tiles beautifully. But it is more of a red and it has movement. I was afraid if I went with a brownish granite it would clash with the cabinets.

Any input is greatly appreciated. I am so happy I found the backsplash AND my husband loved it!!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus