SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sosouper

Request for layout help. Thank you!

12 years ago

I would love to hear your comments and suggestions regarding a few layout possibilities.

We are renovating out kitchen and here is some background information:

1. One of the biggest problems in my kitchen is that I have very limited counter space and I have three entrances with no corner counter space.

2. My husband and I enjoy cooking and entertaining. My local family of 15 eats over every month. We have two teenage boys. My husband and I do most of the clean-up together.

3. Most of the other entertaining we do is quite casual. Everyone usually ends up hanging out around the island.

4. We serve most of our food buffet style on the island.

5. We currently have three seats at the island that are rarely used so I thought we would do back-to-back base cabinets with 2-3 seats on the end.

6. We were originally thinking of putting a cook-top/stove/microwave on the wall where the refrigerator is but this will limit our counter space and will not really give up a landing space for our keys and mail etc. so we thought we would move the cook top to the island and make it two-tiered to alleviate some of the negatives of having an island cook top.

7. We would plan to have a down draft in the island.

8. We hardly use the attached dining room, perhaps 12 times a year. We are fine with that.

9. Our kitchen table seating area is surrounded by windows and we want to keep that area as is.

10. We have modest dreams for our appliances. We are thinking of a single oven and a 30" cook-top. We use our microwave frequently and would have it near the oven. We would have a standard dishwasher.

11. Do you think we should have a double oven?

12. We have one large pantry with ineffective shelves that we will have updated with new shelves. Our smaller panty that currently located near the refrigerator will be eliminated.

I am posting a picture of our current kitchen and then a few different options for our wall where the refrigerator will be.

Sorry if the pictures are not too clear. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything.

I am extremely interested in hearing your feedback.

Thank you so much!

Current Lay-out

{{gwi:1968532}}

Lay out Option 1

{{gwi:1968533}}

Lay out Option 2

{{gwi:1968534}}

Comments (15)