SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolml_gw

your suggestions incorporated into Carol's new kitchen plan!

carolml
12 years ago

Hi all,

First, thanks again to everyone who commented on my floor plan, posted a week or so ago. I have read all comments and incorporated many suggestions into a revised plan.

Footprint: I have kept the same footprint having determined that the aisle between the cooktop and sink will not become a freeway in this house. For one, there are usually only two of us here and, when the house is full, heavy traffic does not usually flow from this part of the house. Nonetheless, I have made changes to the 9' wall next to the office, as follows.

9 foot wall - this will now be the beverage centre with coffee, undercounter fridge, small sink, wine glasses, etc. Maybe even a single dish drawer. A good diversion for guests attempting a route through the main aisle.

cooktop counter - unchanged, except that dish storage will be in the drawer opposite the sink.

sink counter - as suggested, the sink has moved to the other end, freeing up counter space nearer the ovens and the new pantry. Dishwasher is now beside sink.

12' wall - the long wall is now the main food storage wall, as well as the oven wall, the "wall of tall", as it was aptly named by controlfreakecs. By removing all counters, I have space for all fridge, all freezer, ovens and a super large pantry. I haven't worked out yet how the pantry will work. I am thinking the mw could be incorporated inside and the cuisinart could live where it is permanently plugged in. When cooking, I could just open up the doors and have everything accessible. Now, I only have to figure out how to do that! How does one build a four foot pantry with doors that just go away when not needed (besides tambour doors)?

So that's it! What do you think?

Carol

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County