SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kevinmp_gw

Install on Friday; junk everywhere; advice on backsplash layout

KevinMP
11 years ago

I've posted earlier, and without boring everyone with what's going on, I'm doing a minor (but now over budget) remodel on my kitchen:

-new door and drawer fronts on existing cabinets (out with thermofoil and in with antique white painted maple);

-repainted all-wood existing cabinet boxes in antique white,;

-new wall unit with 2 18"x96" pantry cabinets with pull outs, 2 27" drawer bases, and 2 27"x42" uppers with a polished absolute black counter above the drawer bases;

-new paint on walls (BM Mt. Saint Anne) and new trim with antique white paint to match cabinets;

-new backsplash (4" square calacatta gold honed in diamond pattern);

-replacement of over the range microwave with stainless hood (creating a larger backsplash);

-warming drawer in new wall unit;

-new dual fuel range (already installed below last week); and

-new handwoven rugs to match wall color (already down).

I know that's a lot for not doing much, but here goes.

My house (c. 1826 row home in downtown Philly) is flooded with cabinets and tile boxes, etc. as you can see, and I need to decide if I've mixed the tile enough. The way it's worked out, there's about half white/cream pieces and half veined pieces. So I've arranged them in a sort of checkerboard pattern, which appears to work well. Please let me know your input, and then hold off for a couple of days for the end result.

Boxes everywhere:

{{!gwi}}

Here's the before (although I've painted in a few spots and the new stove and rugs are in).

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Here's the new tile and the mixture I created to come up with a pattern, and this is what I'm really needing the input on.

Without flash:

{{gwi:1491803}}

With flash:

{{gwi:1491804}}

{{gwi:1491805}}

Thanks!

Comments (11)