SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missgran

Help me with granite decision for off white cabs PLEASE

missgran
13 years ago

I need help in picking a granite. Here is the scenario- Cream/off white perimeter cabs. 4x8 island with sink and dishwasher. Seating also. Island will be stained dark. Dark handscraped floors and bell jar pendants. Blanco cafe brown sink and oil rubbed bronze fixtures.

I thought I wanted Giallo Ornamental, Sante Cecelia light or something of that nature until I went into a model home. It had an old world/European feel to it. They had the same set up as I want, dark island/white cabs and they put a light granite on them called Crema Spring. Didn't think I wanted movement but this was beautiful. Just enough for interest without looking overpowering or yellow on the white cabs. REallly picked up the tones of the island and floors in the specks of black and brown veining. So it had movement, color all without being heavy on the white. Apparently it has other names and my KD is telling me it is Sienna Bordeaux Light at the granite yard. I don't think it is. Has anyone heard of it. Or should I play it safe and go with the Ornamental? I don't want the granite to look too yellow.

Comments (4)