SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarapamela_gw

Bright White or Off White w/ This Granite? Wed. is Decision Day!

sarapamela
12 years ago

I need help figuring out what color our new cabinets should be painted, and would really appreciate your input! I have to let the cabinet builder know by this Wednesday, and I am so confused...Here is our Kashmir White slab...

Our kitchen will be open to the DR/FR and foyer. We have bright white baseboards that match the bright white beadboard (only below a chair rail) The other walls are Sourdough, a medium beige/taupe color, that provides contrast to the bright white mouldings.

I originally was planning on having the cabinets painted the same bright white. However, now that I have seen the Kashmir White granite w/ paint samples, I think slightly off-white cabinets would "go" better with the granite. BM's White Dove looks nice with the off-white granite, and I think there is enough of a contrast between that and the whiter mouldings...

However, would it look funny to have off-white cabinets right next to bright white beadboard at the end of the kitchen? Would it look good to have them different....OR would the cabinets look dirty next to the bright white beadboard there?

If any of you have Kashmir White granite, what color white did you paint your cabinets?

This picture shows the soon to be removed bright white cabinets and the Sourdough walls. At least we'll be getting rid of the ivy wallpaper!

Thoughts????

Comments (10)