SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sivyaleah

Yea! Viking Range and Zephyr Hood Installed! PIX

Laurie
13 years ago

Well, kind of lol.

I had quite the day yesterday with the hood - it looks installed but in actuality, there isn't any venting yet. The hole is cut, the wiring in place and contractor put it on the wall but it still needs to be connected in full. Long story short is I have to wind up having the appliance store do the install because my contractor wasn't prepared to do it (I will spare the detail; suffice it to say I was tearing out my hair yesterday over this, my BF nearly had a nervous breakdown and the contractor threatened to walk off the job).

The range was installed today, after some bumps too. The floor in the room is quite uneven (which we knew - old house) but they managed to work it out with the legs. They also mentioned something about being "worried" about the counter when it comes, but then said "nah, should be ok" (I think they just want to spook me further).

Anyway, here's a photo - a bit blurry because the BF took it with his cellphone.

Any suggestions how to eventually run the backsplash would be appreciated. As you can see, we have an odd condition with a beam which runs across the room. I had to put in a small cabinet underneath it, to the left of the range - it was the only thing we could do about it (although, it's perfect for storing all my oils, vinegars, spices and herbs right at arm's reach while cooking!) I think I might just put a woven basket on top of it to fill the space.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio