SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lolittakat

Has anyone experienced problems with Generic Chinese made quartz?

lolittakat
11 years ago

My husband and I are trying to modernize our kitchen on a very small budget. We were recently searching for floor tile when we came across quartz counter top slabs at a Chinese shop. We got a price quote, and with installation, it will cost us around $1200. We were amazed with the price as we thought we couldn't afford new counters at this time, but i guess we could squeeze and extra grand if we finance more appliances. For a price comparison we got a quote from the least expensive Cesar Stone dealer, the price triples. We were removing our old counter last weekend, when the sample of the Chinese quartz fell and a corner of it broke off and shuttered. This is raising red flag with us. Isn't quarts supposed to be one of the strongest materials? on the other hand, it fell of the counter height, and we are not planning on dropping our new counter top. Do you think it's safe to proceed our choice of a generic brand? We need to make a decision fast as we don't have a countertop at the moment.

Comments (8)