SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellajourney

Glass Cabinets? Where Should They Go? (PICS)

bellajourney
12 years ago

Hi everyone!

I have yet another question that I would love to get your advice on. (I don't want to let DH open up and install all of the doors until this is figured out.)

Glass cabinets. Will they work in our kitchen? And if so, where, and how many?

Things to Note:

* We have Adel White cabinets - Shaker style with WIDE stiles and rails.

* The style of the kitchen will be simple (hopefully elegant) cottage. Glass knobs, cup pulls, victorian faucet.

* I do not like the modern glass that Adel comes with, and will swap it out probably with seeded glass.

* I love my simple off white dishes. They will go in the 36" upper to the left of the sink. Some of our cups/glass will probably spill over into the 15" upper to the right of the sink. The corner upper (16.5) will probably hold food.

Adel White Door with Glass (which we will swap out with seeded glass, most likely, for a more cottagy look):

And the Options! Should we Add Glass To?:

1) A Only (Pro: I can see my beloved dishes! Con: Not symmetric)

2) A and B (Pro: I can see my dishes and cups/glasses. Con: Not symmetric.)

3) A, B, and C (Pro: I can see my dishes and cups/glasses. It is symmetric, sort of... Con: I'd need to find something pretty for C, and couldn't use it for food. Also, C's door would need to be custom made. Ikea does not make a glass door option for their corner upper. ARGH!)

4) C Only (Pro: No issues with symmetry. Con: I'd need to find something pretty for C, and couldn't use it for food. Also, C's door would need to be custom made. This is DH's vote. He is all about symmetry and thinks I am crazy to consider options 1 and 2. Sigh.)

Thanks for your help!!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH