SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommyto4boys_gw

sos help sos tile guy is here

mommyto4boys
15 years ago

Looking for grout help & fast, please, thanks:) The tile install will be ready for grout this afternoon. This backsplash has been so hard for me to choose & happy to say I'm loving it & now don't want to mess it up with the wrong grout choice. We have Rush River 4X4 travertine in sandlewood, tumbled. The guy at the tile store origianlly talked me into kahula cream. Then my tile installer said that it was too dark for it and the grout should blend right in with the tile. so, I was already concerned that it would be too dark, went back yesterday and bought desert bloom. I was worried last night, so dh and I mixed two samples up and checked them out this morning.

The kahula cream doen't seem too dark on our sample board. It does stick out enough that you can see the grout lines. On our sample the desert bloom seems to completely blend in with the tile. Dh really likes to be able to stand back and see all the diagonal grout lines (if that makes sense). Now my gut is telling me to go back with the original grout (the kahlua cream). Even though I hesitated with the decision at first. For what it is worth 2 salespeople at the tile shop thought the kahlua was the best choice, same as dh.

Is it just personal preference as to the amount of contrast between the grout and tile? Do you prefer a more muted, blend in look or prefer the grout to "stand" out more? Any possible chance anyone has experience with these colors and could give advice?!?! My main concern it to not have it get too dark. I know when they grout all the crevices and holes will get filld in with the gout too. My kitchen has yellow & I know I shouldn't completely match the grout with that, but more the granite and cabinets, etc. Originally I liked the desert bloom with my "yellows" too.

Sorry to be rambling, please help with the decision if possible, thanks. Here is a picture (unfinished), can't post any new ones now.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (15)