SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosemarynj_gw

Kitchen questions - so confused!

rosemarynj
10 years ago

I am having knocked down two walls in my kitchen to make an open kitchen. I already have light maple cabinets that are 42 in that were put in 7 years ago. Now I am going to have new counters put in with Caesarstone Ocean foam - 6ft by 3.5 feet with Ogee edge and base will be 24 by 52in as I want to be able to put 6 back counter stools around it. My living dining room that it opens into has 18th Century Heritage Mahogany furniture. I hope this open area will look OK opening into this living dining room.? what do you think? The hard wood floor will all match with natural light color. I now need to buy lighting for over the island (actually seating area). Any suggestions as it will be right next to a large dining table in the 18th C Mohogany that has large brass chandelier with many candelabra bulbs. Any suggestions of what kind of lighting to put over island? I am not sleeping nights worrying about how all this will look as I really can't afford to replace all my living and dining room furniture. Also losing so much wall space as have to eliminate a pretty curio cabinet that I liked and server that in dining room that was on the wall that is being torn down. Please tell me this is all going to look well together.
Help!!!

Comments (7)