SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilyfreak

I'm so confused! Gas or induction??

lilyfreak
15 years ago

This forum is amazing for all the information available and I have learned so much. I had finally decided on a DCS 30" AG when I stumbled upon an exchange concerning induction that put my choice entirely into question. I had never heard of induction until then. Since then I have spent many hours researching the benefits of induction and how many gas users have switched and would never go back. There are others that would never go with induction so this is why I am confused. I have an electric cooktop now and am completing renovating my kitchen. I have never cooked with gas before and was looking forward to doing so until I read about the benefits of induction. I am planning to go to a showroom where I can see induction in action.

My question is, should I decide to go with induction, what is the best brand out there in the 2k to 3k range? I would love to hear from Thermadore owners. Thermadore has the auto spill-over shut off but does 1 drop of liquid cause it to shut off or more than that? I have also read about the DIva but I think that is more expensive. I am in Canada so most appliances are more expensive, in any case. Please let me know what you have chosen as your induction cooktop or range and what you like/dislike about it.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (16)