SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

Week 22: And it finally rains...

CEFreeman
9 years ago

Yup.
All night. Still.
I haven't received more than 2 soaking rains since last spring. I documented the rain this year, because no one believes me when I insist it seldom rains at my house. Yes, my house. "Atmospheric Trough" and all. Yup.

Unfortunately, I have to go to a wedding. It involves an hour drive, hours with family (which is only 1/2 bad) a reception where I have to talk to people I don't know, and an hour home. What this means is I can't get anything done around the house. Luckily, it's raining and I love that, so my day has started better than I thought it would!

The other whine complaint I have is it's formal and not only do I live in yoga clothes, garden- or paint-dirty jeans and a t-shirt or bar/waitress uniforms, I've gotten too fat for any of the remaining clothing I might have that would be appropriate. Still, in a few minutes, I'm pulling out boxes and seeing what might be Ok after, oh, say, 10 years of informality?

Which brings me to the question. Holidays are creeping upon us. What are you going to do? Is your kitchen ready (enough for you to be happy) to host the walking dead family and friends this year? Or are you leaving that ... pleasure ... to someone else?

Is it a beautiful morning where you are?

Comments (68)