SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susiq_gw

Rain, Finally!

18 years ago

Not to gloat, but today was WONDERFUL!

Overnight last Monday (the 4th) we got what I thought was a pretty decent rain, late in the overnight, for a good long while. My across the street neighbor said his rain guage only showed .10 to .5 for the whole weekend. I've been meaning to tell him it rained more at my house than his.

Anyway, another long hot week ensued.

Last night, the forecast for the WEEK was a 20% chance of rain--one of THOSE go-nowhere forecasts. This morning, again, "Another hot dry day in N. Texas". Shortly after noon, we looked out, and there was RAIN! Heavy rain, for quite a while. Then it tapered off, then it came back again!!!! I called my husband FIVE times to see if we were getting rain at home, five miles east. All he said was a few sprinkles. I was devastated. We had buckets and sheets of rain in town at work. I finally called a neighbor and she told me that yes, we had had some decent showers off and on all afternoon. Then hubby finally called back, said we WERE having rain.

I'm SO Excited! It hasn't rained steady like this in AGES! The most we've gotten is a few minutes/seconds here and there. I'm guessing it rained pretty solidly (sometimes heavy, sometimes light, but still raining) for about four hours! HOORAY!!!!! Our area generally got at least an inch, maybe more.

We're still behind by 8-12 inches for the year. But, we're supposed to get more "scattered showers" off and on the rest of the week, some of which might be Dennis remnants, and some of which might actually occur HERE!

The locals don't give us much time to look at the rest of the nation on rhe nightly forecasts, and I forget to watch the weather channel, but it looked like you guys up in Iowa, Illinois & region might be getting some rain, too. I hope so! I know from the Annuals thread how many of you are desparate for rain, too.

Alas, tomorrow's temps are going to be in the high 90's, maybe 100+, and w/ HIGH humidity. That won't be fun, but at least we got rain!

Saying praises for here and prayers for rain for the rest of you!

Susi

Comments (7)

Sponsored