SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
idabean2

Maybe it's no one's fault.....Help with negotiating.

Marie Tulin
10 years ago

The cuisimax dealer has been a delight to work with, but there's a piece that's not going to work. I'm looking for some help about a reasonable solution. (which doesn't mean I necessarily get a new cabinent for free. I want to be fair.)
It's a pantry unit that with the shelves removed could be broom closet. I was very clear that was to be the purpose. we weren't sure of the height; she actually got a broom in the showroom and it fit into a 71"unit. It arrives, and you guessed it: none of my brooms or mops fit!
If it were just a matter of getting shorter cleaning tools, that would be an easy fix. But I really don't want to be measuring brooms and mops over the life of this kitchen. Belatedly I've been looking at utility closet designs and broom closets are tall!
Mine is simply not functional.
I think she should have done some more research, but she has been very throrough and careful otherwise. In all fairness, it seems to be a matter to negotiate, not I win, you lose.

What's your perspective? How might I approach the conversation and the negotiation?

I wouldn't let them install the unit.
I've let her know it is not functional,but kept things pleasantly businesslike. Thanks.
Marie

Comments (17)