SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlcorp

Backsplash; the irony of it all...

jlcorp
12 years ago

OK. So after spending months trying to figure out my backsplash, I finally decide. Then there were all the problems getting all the pieces and parts. So I get enough of the pieces and parts that we are able to start this weekend as we are DYI.

I selected Florida tile- streamline subway in crisp white to bring our the white in our Monte Bello granite. Then I hand made a mosaic from Calacatta Gold marble 1"x2" tiles becuase I wanted polished and could only find the same by Ann Sacks in honed... We installed the mosaic and marble pencil frame over the range today.

Next, we are building up the depth of the wall (due to different depth of the marble and the subway tile I chose)by installing 1/4" backer board around the mosaic.

Sooooo... we get the backer board on the wall... and guess what??? The color looks great with my granite and even with the framed mosaic!!! I am talking backer board here- not the tile. For some reason, the color of the backer board- which is a warm grey appears great with my granite.

Now I am thinking about switching my subway tile to the warm grey color in the backer board.

Comments (9)