SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
agnesackneback

OT: Who are we? Follow Up

agnesackneback
16 years ago

I do not believe the follow up has been posted since the thread reached it's max post. And I know there are some people who haven't posted, such as moi.

I loved reading about all the interesting lives you all are leading. Climbing Mt Everest.... How much cooler can you get?

Here I go with my short tid bit....

My name is really Heather. Agnes Ackneback was the nickname my grandfather gave me when I was little. There's a whole story behind the name. Don't really remember it, but I do know Agnes had a sister named Lucy Waffleoosle or something just as silly.

I think I'm the youngest person on the site. I'm 23 years old. An on and off again vegetarian. At the moment a college drop out working as an Accounts Payable clerk for one of the largest car dealership on the West Coast. Maybe in a few years I'll go back to school and become a grade school teacher.

Engaged to a gorgeous 24 year old mechanic/shop manager. All the ladies love his curly golden locks. He's about twice the size of me. I'm 5'4" and around 130 lbs. He's 6'4" and around 300lbs. I love my big teddy bear. We've also been together since prom night. Set a wedding date last January but that was post-poned due to the house. So now, we don't know when the big day is gunna happen.

Last November, we bought my grandma's 1957 small cookie cutter ranch house in Midway City, Ca (most people think it's Huntington Beach). She and my grandfather assumed a loan in 1967 for $27,000. My car is worth that much! Anyways, didn't get to start demo until February. That's when my grandma found herself a nice brand new smaller 3 bedroom 2 bath mobile home in a senior community down the street. She's much happier there not having to worry about the upkeep of the yard. But I'm sure she feels sad when she sees how the yard is now....practically dead. But once we're done she and my grandpa (god rest his soul) will be proud.

We're getting there. Drywall was put up 2 weeks ago and we were primering last week. I thought it would go a lot faster, but boy am I always wrong. We were supposed to start tiling the hall bathroom this past weekend, so we could move in to our work in progress. But that didn't work out to well, so we need to hire a pro. And a cheap one at that. So, in the meantime, we're still living in a rental in Fountain Valley with his mother and his little brother and little sister, our 2 year old mutt cat, Kinx, and the 8 year old rhodesian ridgeback mix family dog, Sugar. We're gunna be taking Sugar with us. I'm her favorite person.

Here's a pic of my handsome boy:

{{gwi:1956565}}

And my baby girl:

{{gwi:1956566}}

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio