SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
georgethedog_gw

posting floorplan. trying to get a lot into a small-ish space

georgethedog
12 years ago

My apologies for the lousy picture. my scanner isn't working - had to take a pic with my iphone which doesn't have a flash.

We bought our new house knowing we'd have to update the 1950's kitchen. We sort of assumed we'd remove the chimney that you see behind the kitchen in what has functioned as a laundry and utility room. After living here for a while we sort of like having the laundry/utility here so are trying to make the space work without going to so much effort and expense of removing the chimney.

We are willing to relocate the existing door and window. The plan attached shows my idea for the new locations.

I am sort of hooked on the idea of the 36" Capital Culianaire cooktop with griddle. We had a griddle in the old house and miss it so much. I am thinking of an all fridge column in the kitchen and keeping an all freezer column in the utility room. I don't use a freezer much. I am thinking of the Stages 45" sink by Kohler. Figuring the 33" base part will fit in the sink base and the drain board can be notched into the magic corner cabinet.

Any ideas on how to improve this. Will post seperately about the butler's pantry. It is very easy on the sink side and very complicated opposite the sink side as the basement stairwell is under here and the bulkhead for the stairs encroaches into the butler's pantry cabinetry in a really weird way. more on that later.

Comments (14)