SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodel_mama

what do you think would look better-trying to fit a lot into 58'

remodel-mama
13 years ago

Hi,

I am trying to decide how to make the best use of a 58" space in our new master bath. I am attaching our plans - which are somewhat outdated - but at least give you an idea of the space. The master bath is in the plan on the lefthand side.

The bathroom is 6' x 12" (approx.). When you walk in there is a small window on the left and then a 58" space. To the right of the 58" space is a chimney - so no moving that. After the chimney is the toilet, then a large shower.

We had originally planned to have a biger vanity and no linen closet, but have since decided that storage is a priority, so we would like to have a 42" vanity, then a small linen closet in the 58" space (then the chimney).

When I first spk with the contractor about this, I understood that he would build the linen closet. But there is just not enough space for him to build on in. He said I should order a custom vanity/linen closet for the space.

I can do that, but I really had envisioned that the linen closet would look as if it was part of the room (painted the same color as the trim). I am afraid having a vanity and linen closet in the same cabinet style might look too "matchy-matchy."

So, do you think it would look ok to get a 16" linen closet and have it painted to match the trim; and then buy a 42" vanity in a different style (I'm thinking more furniture style). Or, do you think it's better just to go with what the contractor suggested and get a custom vanity/linen closet for this space.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!