SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okpokesfan

Let's try again--floorplan feedback please!

okpokesfan
12 years ago

Finally figured out how to convert my pdf to a jpeg.

We are a family of four: me, DH, two kids ages 8 and 10 and a dog. I teach piano part time so a study for the piano is a must.

Here are some issues that I'm looking for help with.

The study on the left is actually the formal dining room, the name just didn't get changed from an earlier version. I'm not really sure I want a formal dining room. The architect was just playing around with ways to fill in that space. Any other ideas? I would rather enlarge the nook in the kitchen as my "formal" DR.

DH isn't really crazy about the about the mudroom/laundry room setup. He would like the mudroom to be entered from the garage and go into the kichen, without the hallway. Any ideas for that whole block of space?

I'm not crazy about how the pantry is laid out as well.

Also, any master bath layout suggestions? Not crazy about the vanities being back to back right as you walk in the door. Also want to have 2 separate masters or at least a little wall in between two of the sections. Would rather not have a window.

Things I like about the plan? Love the big open great room/kitchen area. Love the open entry and think the stairs are pretty.

Don't have the upstairs or facade because the architect wants to get the first floor figured out first.

Thanks!

Comments (14)